Pages

08 August 2008

Staycation

I really wanted to go away this weekend. Unfortunately, the budget doesn't have much room. So it's another staycation for me.

A staycation isn't so bad. I don't have to pack or squeeze my toiletries into one-ounce containers. There are no lines or delays. No chance of traveller's tummy. But there's also no change of scenery, which is something I'm beginning to crave.

I shouldn't complain. I have the luxury of living in a tourist town. The ocean is walking distance away. You'd think every day would be a vacation, but no. Work has a way of sucking the life out of you no matter where you reside. Especially if you work from your residence.

So, I think I'll buy a pair of Bermuda shorts, get a tacky t-shirt, strap on a fanny-pack and wander around my neighborhood. Take in the sights with new eyes. Ooh and ah. Ask silly questions. Take too many photos. Attempt to get lost. Sip an umbrella drink in my backyard. I'll be sure to send you a postcard.


No comments: